Tuesday, September 8, 2009

journey, not destination

*pic taken on a slow weekday by my trusty camera*

took a train ride this past weekend..whenever I get restless I look on the map, find a destination and then sprint towards the Metro North Station just in time to hop on board. I realize it's the journey that always seems to matter more to me ( with rare exceptions) cause once I get to said destination I get very antsy. But as I was suffering from a severe case of writer's block, I needed to recharge the cylinders some how. The picture above indicates how far away my topic seemed to be at the time, with me alternating between staring blankly at my screen in the wee hours of the morning or at my notes... and by the time I would think of something I had to prepare for work the next day. I think the trip worked, it doesn't seem as far away.

No comments: