Sunday, August 1, 2010

if you want the rainbow, you must have the rain.

a picture I took of a building that caught my attention, as so many of them do.

Pounding the sidewalk as daylight turns to dusk. Seething anger released each time my feet hit the sidewalk. Angry at the lie and because I can see straight through it like shattered glass and because the source thinks they're clever and I wouldn't notice it. A bitter after taste in my mouth that seems to be permeating through my core. If you're going to lie do a better job of it.

Pounding leads me to a place that I've gone by, but never into. There is a happy ending though. Who knew that a tattered photo, broken bottles and blown out safes combined with a really shitty day could be the spark to make me fall in love with my written work again.

I guess creativity works in mysterious ways.

3 comments:

Bucko said...

"Pounding leads me to a place that I've gone by, but never into." So true! I've found my writing door rarely opens when I knock politely.

c.o. moed said...

wow. wow... well that is a day.

Alana said...

it was indeed! I've been rejuvenated, something I've been drained of in the last few weeks. :)