Wednesday, February 24, 2010

87 year old words of wisdom

May your joys be as deep as the ocean, and your sorrow as light as the foam.

God made our relatives and I make my friends.

Never trouble trouble, until trouble, troubles you. For if you trouble trouble, trouble surely trouble you.

Friends are like melons, shall I tell you why? To find a good one you must a hundred try.

You may fall from a house top. You may fall from above. But the greatest fall is when you fall in love.


-All entries taken from the pages of an autograph book I own that was signed by the friends of a girl attending high school in Rye, New York from September to October 1923.

1 comment:

c.o. moed said...

Oh! FANTASTIC!!! and way better than my 1969 when niagra falls... I love the god made our relatives and I make my friends. Love that.