Friday, June 17, 2016

First time moments...


Things seemed out of balance, as if some cosmic nonsense was tipping the scales and not in my favor. I needed to recharge. Running around and absorbing other folks frantic energy wasn't helping. Potential relief materialized via a calendar reminder.

 I had forgotten about the annual museum mile festival and up until that morning went back and forth on whether I wanted to go or simply hide in my house at the end of the day. I thought, what the hell. I bounced the itinerary over to my colleague Sara who was more than happy to tag along.

Sara is one of those rare individuals filled with genuine positive energy and sunshine and a pleasure to be around.

Asking about which museum she wanted to hit first she suggested The Met, which is my favorite. She had never been. After clearing through security, I will never forget her excitement, squealing with delight and jumping up and down in front of an ancient statue of a Pharoah.

Balance restored.

No comments: