Monday, March 29, 2010

plunging into murky waters

How will you go about finding that thing the nature of which is totally unknown to you?- Meno

Leave the door open for the unknown, the door into the dark. That's where the most important things come from, where you yourself came from and where you will go.- Rebecca Solnit


Sometimes I feel like I am a blind bat flying in the dark, not knowing what I am going to stumble into, but something pulls and pushes me against the current and I always end up where I am meant to be. I guess because I never have a pre-disposition to know what I am seeking. I just know something is waiting to be discovered even for a moment.

2 comments:

c.o. moed said...

My work is that of an archeologist. The film exists (pre-exists). I have to unearth it from the shadow where it sleeps... Sometimes I spoil it by being too hasty.
-- Cocteau, Diary of Making The Beauty and The Beast

Alana said...

ohh I like that one!